Saturday, 28 July 2007

Thrilling weekend entertainment

I expect most of us can think back to 1983 and remember the video that accompanied the song “Thriller”. Well, I was reading the BBC news on the web and came across this article about YouTube and what inmates in Filipino prisons are doing nowadays. So I followed the link and it’s nothing like what you see in jail movies (Prisonbreak, OZ, Porridge, etc). While you’re there, have a look at the “Algorithm Dance” too, which reminded me of Pat’s class’s effort at the Refugee Day Concert this year (See pic). Something for our next student concert – so start training them now.

Having watched this video, I then went and reminded myself of the original choreography here and you have to give it to the inmates, they're pretty good. As I said on Friday, related videos are listed at the right, and I chanced on one on the same theme which must have taken hours to make. It's all single frame stop motion video! Have a look here. So if you don’t know what to do in your free time or you don’t have any ideas for an ESL video, then get your kids’ lego out, begin filming and try and match this!

Better go and do something more useful now....

No comments: