Sunday, 3 June 2007

Another first for Google

First of all thanks to the Albanyans for their hospitality and enthusiasm; I had only expected two participants originally so it was great to see more. Thanks also to Ray for coming along and John for adjusting the Lab. More thoughts about the content later.

But I just wanted to point out something I found out only a few hours ago (source www. rocketboom.com ) and that is how fast Google maps are developing, at least in the US of A.

I was rather perturbed when I discovered that if you enter your street address into Google Maps, you can actually zoom into your block (as in piece of land as opposed to US block). What if a "terrorist" decided to target my house with a smart bomb? How ideal for burglars and housebreakers to be able to see exactly where the get away route is! But this is nothing to what New Yorkers must now feel as you can actually cyberstalk along New Yorkers' streets. I went and had a look to see where my old friend Jitka lives with her new husband. Must admit she might be better off now...

Anyway go and see for yourself -(click here) and if you don't know anybody in New York, just go to the Chrysler Building, 405 Lexington Ave and click on "Street View". Alternatively, try San Francisco as they are on the system too.

I don't know how long it'll be before we get streets of Perth, but be prepared and get some new curtains.

No comments: